Sunday, July 31, 2011

Christmas in July Layout

Well hello and a happy Saturday late night (this will end up on a Sunday morning post) to you all. It has been really crazy here. My computer wireless box fried itself and I had to go and get a new one. Not fun at all since I know nothing of this stuff and hubby is away at work. Well I got one and yes, I finally got it conected. YEAH!!!! Well I can plug wires into the slots on the back of the box. LOL Well enough of the girl who is not computer techy at all.
My layout today was inspired by everyone doing Christmas in July hops. Since it is the last day of July in a very few minutes. I thought today I'd better get something Christmas like done. Well I will admit I didn't use my Cricut at all. WOW!!!! I used paper piecing patterns I had from years ago and cut each of the pieces out by hand. Not so sure I will be doing that again. LOL I forgot how hard it was to do that. What did we all do with out our Cricut cutters and other cutting machines. Well on to the project and enough with the small talk.

Merry Christmas Layout:


I didn't add photo mats, cause I figured I would see if my photos needed them or not.


This is page one and I made Santa's bag a Journaling box for this page and figured I would arrange 2 pics around the bag.
  

The Steet Light I added white gel pen dots to give a little character to it. I also added Yellow Stickles to the light part to make it look like the light was on. The Tree, I use a gold gel pen for the garland, Pearl Pens for the orniments and the snow on the edge of the tree. I added Diamond Stickles to the snow on the whole layout to give some sparkle to the snow.


The Title is from a Dimensional Sticker pack that was purchased at Walmart at least 2 year to 3 years ago. I thought that the snow flakes on the sides went well with the snowflake pattern paper from Leaving Prints.


I added his eyes, nose and mouth with a black and red gel pen. I used the black and white gel pens to make the buttons on Santa's coat. Also used the white gel pen for some dots on his boots to help them look better. There is Glossy Accents added to the Boots, Top of Santa's Bag, and his Eyes, also Diamond Stickles to the White parts of Santa's Coat and Hat.


This is page 2 of the layout. The house/garage has a mat that can be used as a photo mat is I wanted, but I wanted it for Journaling.


There is Yellow Stickles added all over the yellow part of the Star. This Star can also be used either as a photo mat or a journaling box.


This cute little Snowman is also from the sticker pack that was purchased at Walmart. I though he was just to darn cute!!!


This Title was from the same Walmart sticker pack. I used it to show that Santa had already been to our house. :-)


The house was lined with a black gel pen to make it look like wood panels. The snow on the roof has Diamond Stickles on all of the white pieces. The Wreath was glittered with Diamond Stickles, with the berries being made with a Red Pearl Pen.

Well that is the Christmas in July project. I do hope you like it and I really love hearing anything thing you have to say. It is always a joy to read everyones comments. Well hope you have a wonderfully blessed Sunday.

8 comments:

  1. Sorry your computer box died on you, but it certainly didn't do anything to take away from this wonderful layout you did! Very cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice, Kathryn. I'm in the mood to start working on some layouts! Maybe not Xmas, but any layout will do; I'm so far behind. TFS!--Pat N.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super sweet lay-out!

    Carri~abusybee
    www.doubleclickconnections.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. So nice layout! Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am popping over from Zeni's blog. Your lil notebook post it holder is too cute!! I hope you do a tutorial on it here. Thanks for sharing!!

    Hugs,
    Tanya

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cute layout! I love the broom with your snowman. Such a cleaver idea. Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love how you turned the Santa's sack into a journaling tag!!!

    You don't realize how dependent you are on technology until it's gone. We take it for granted.

    Michelle
    mpetrovich23 at yahoo dot com
    http://peanutbutterandjellydesigns.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete