Thursday, October 28, 2010

A thought for a friend

I have not written anything about a friend of mine who has Breast Cancer, well today I am going to. Today she went into surgery for a Double Mestectomy. She has been in my thoughts and prayers for months now, and it has been a battle for her. I went to church this morning and lite a candle as a prayer to help her through this procedure. Finally at 11:09am I got the call that she was out of surgery and all went well. I was so releived that I felt as if I had been holding my breath for hours. I got home around noon today and started working on finishing my daughters Halloween treats for her class party tomorrow (I am finally done with all of therm). Around 2pm I got the message they were getting her ready to be placed in a room. I am going to go to the hospital here around 6:30pm to see her, just for a quick minute. I know she will be exhausted and there will be lots of family and friends there. I just wanted to let her know that I was thinking of her and bring her a little Halloweenie treat (one of the extras I made for my daughter). I ended up not liking the card I made and will remake and mail it to her on Monday. So on the back of the treat I wrote:

"I might not look that scary to you, but today I kicked some TA TA's butt. I might wear pink and fight like a girl, but that doesn't mean that I'm not strong."

I signed it: Faith, "Courage, Strength with Hope and Love"

I know it sounds corney as all get out, but with everything I have watched and heard her go through, it is what I feel about her. She is a very special and lovely lady who has a heart of gold. I pray that all of this will soon be a distant memory and that her family and her will be able to move on without any other interuptions of this magnitude.

I know that many of you know who I am speaking of and have had her in your prayers lately, but for those of you who do not know her, this wonderful lady is Monique Griffith from Rocklin, CA. Please keep her and her family in your prayers as I have and will continue to do.

God Bless each of you and your families.

Enhanced by Zemanta

1 comment:

  1. Well said and yes, Monique has been in my thoughts and prayers especially today as well. Please send her my best when you see her.

    Melissa Allore
    www.disneydreamerdesigns.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete