Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Guest Post on One by One the Flamingo's are Stealing My Sanity

Hello and a happy Wednesday to you all. Today is my Guest Designer post for One by One the Flamingo's are Stealing my Sanity. There are some really wonderfully talented women on the Design Team and I am very proud to be included with them. The project that we had to make this month was on "Make Up Your Own Holiday", well the one holiday that I came up with was "Doggone Day of Summer". This is a special time in my house, due to our little Long Haired Minature Dachshund "Pico". He tries so hard to save us when we go swimming, but it is just to priceless to see this little 1 foot high, 9 pound dog go flying off the edge of the deck straight into the pool. He then proceeds to grab you by your hair and pull you to the side of the pool to get out. He can swim, but with is long/short body it is just plain funny.











Well I went GREEN again and I am trying to keep that up this entire month. There are 2 Twinchies, a Journal Box, 2 Photo Mats and some embellishments that I did while in a swap (the photo mat on page 1 is one I made in 2006). The bowl, bone, and paw print in the far bottom right are from Jolee’s. The background paper is from SEI – Park Buddies – Puppy Tails #8-1503. The letters are also from SEI – Park Buddies – Doggy Treats #8-1504 for the red and SEI – Park Buddies - Hot Dogs #8-1501 for the blue shadow. The Cricut Cartridge I used was 3 Birds on Parade for the title. I also used my Design Studio to weld these letters together and at an angle. The orange/red and tan paw prints are a die cut a friend cut for me a while ago. All of the items, including the papers were from my stash. Letters are at 1.5".

Nothing really totally matches, but pretty close for only having to cut the title and grab some background paper (which was all stuff I have in my stash). I am so very proud of myself. I have not purchased anything at all this month and I am going to see if I can keep going for at least 2 months. Well except for glue which I run out of a lot. I figure that I need to use what I have and stop purchasing more. We shall see how long I can go.

Well Hugs and Blessings to you all. Have a great get over the hump Day.

4 comments:

  1. Very cute Kathryn! I love those letters you used for the title!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kathryn, I love your layout. I must say that my Aunt's Dachshund Sara Lee would try this very thing. I could see her doing this. She just knows how to make us laugh. She's so tiny but tries to do "Big" things all the time.

    Thank you for the layout!! It's adorable!!!!

    ReplyDelete