Sunday, August 24, 2008

Dog Shows




Ok, I have an AKC registered Longhaired Dachshound. I have attended one dog show with him and boy what a new experience. I am doing confirmation classes. My puppy was in the 6 - 9 months class. I think the judges are not truely looking at the dogs as much as who the trainers/breeders/kennels are. I am just one, not a kennel/trainer/breeder so I don't fit the profile. I am just trying to get my puppy his Championship so I can breed him, so I can get one more puppy in a year or two. I was going to do the Obedience, but I am not sure that I want to fit into one of the CLICKS. I feel really out of place. I have another show this next weekend, and I am praying that it will be different, but I fear not. My puppy looks great, and does his part really well. I will post on here and say how it went. Here are a couple of pics from his last Dog Show.

No comments:

Post a Comment