Saturday, August 13, 2011

Day 2 - Beginning of School Blog Hop

Happy Sunday all, hope you are enjoying your weekend. This is Day 2 of the hop, and hope that you got to see all the creative talent of the ladies participating in this hop yesterday. You will be inspired and see the crafting talent of all these wonderful women.

I will be giving away a blog candy at the end of this 2 day hop. The blog candy will be 2 Copic Sketch markers (YR02 & Yr04), Maya Mist ( Butternut Squash Orange & Earl Gray), and Stampin' Up-Decor Element (Songbird Tile Chocolate small).

To be in the drawing for this blog candy:

1) Be a follower of my blog
2) Comment on my posts. You will get an extra chance if you comment on both days.
3) Come back on Monday night to find out if you are the winner.
4) If you are the winner, leave me away to get a hold of you.

Ok on with Day 2 project:

School Days Layout:



This 2 page layout I made for my daughter for her new class I made 2 blue Journal Boxes to use a white gel pen with. The yellow boxes are for photos (one for her 1st school photo and one for her second school photo, also one for her class photo and another for her and her friends)


Page 1 is for her 1st and 2nd school picture.


Page 2 is for her class photo, journaling boxes, and a photo of her friends and her.


This large apple is cut from one of the Cricut Cartridges, but not sure which one. Everything on this layout was from my stash of extra die cuts and things I got in swaps. White gel pen was used to make the highlite.


The small apples are inchies I made for a swap and had tons left over.


This is one of the Paperkins Doll from back in 2002, that I was going to use on another layout back then, but didn't. Highlited the doll with black and white gel pens. Also with white gel pen wrote Back to Class on the black board and the whit on the apple.


This Globe was part of the Paperkins Doll kit. Used a black gel pen to highlite certian area's around areas.


This is one of the stamped items I received from a school swap I was in.


The title was part of a School swap I was in. I had 2 extra left and desided I was design around this. I used stickels to make the stars stand out. The background paper is from Leaving Prints.

Well hope you liked my layout and love to hear all of your comments. Please be sure to head on over to the next blogger on the list.

Thank you for your comments and enjoy the rest of the hop.

19 comments:

  1. Love it!

    VinDeeLoo
    vndlewis at rocketmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a great layout as well! I love the idea of adding gel pen to give embellishments an extra touch. Thanks for sharing!

    Ashley
    http://especiallymade.blogspot.com
    especiallymadeblog@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cute! I love the little girl!

    Lisa
    http://prettypaperprettyribbons.blogspot.com
    lnorris21 at hotmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I already follow ur blog, this is a great LO! I love how clean and simple it is... Thank u for shaing.
    pattig161 at yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Another great layout!Love all your detail,I am a follower,joydee1963 at yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete
  6. another cute layout calebwmartin@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great layout! I love Paperkins! Been awhile since I've seen them - great to see old stuff used again! It inspires me to dig through my stash!
    qtme2003 at yahoo dot ca

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a great way to use your swap goodies. You did a great job :) TFS!
    Jill
    http://craftwithanangel.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. THIS IS FUN !
    i love hopping
    hugs
    mallika
    mallikakejriwal@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Kathryn,

    I love this layout it's very cute. Reminds me of elementary school and I love, love, love the writing paper used in the backround... you'll see I used it in my project also.
    Thanks for the chance to add some Copics to my new collection. I only have about 15 of them so I could use em' I love em' I wished I'd gotten them sooner. They are so smooth and color nicely. I just need to build up my collection so I can use them properly.
    Thanks for the chance to win,and for allowing me to be apart of your hop.
    Michelle
    mpetrovich23 at yahoo dot com
    http://peanutbutterandjellydesigns.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Kathryn,
    You know I'm a long time follower of your blog. I've been following you for a long time now.
    Michelle
    mpetrovich23 at yahoo dot com
    http://peanutbutterandjellydesigns.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Kathryn your LO is adorable I love that you used older stuff from you stash!

    Hugs,
    Candi

    ReplyDelete
  13. Enjoying your layouts...hoping to start scrapbooking soon. I have enjoyed making cards.
    Here I go....on the the Hop!
    saetterman at aol dot com

    ReplyDelete
  14. I just finished the hop for today I think it was even better then yesterday!!!! Thanks again for putting this together and for letting me be apart of it.
    Michelle
    mpetrovich23 at yahoo dot com
    http://peanutbutterandjellydesigns.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a pretty layout! Too bad it's a cleaning day for me...I'd really love to craft today!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Very cute layout! tfs :) I am already a follower and a friend!
    http://acreativejourneywithmelissa@blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. tfs :) I am already a follower and a friend!
    http://acreativejourneywithmelissa@blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. What a fun layout! I'm already a follower, and can't wait to see what everyone came up with for today.
    Amyscats
    amylfahnestock at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  19. Great lay-out! Love all the fun details!

    Carri~abusybee
    www.doubleclickconnections.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete